Time for paint. The extra spray enamel came this week, so I could get to work. I also trucked out to Northeast Philly to pick up a dome lid that almost fits. (I think it’ll be for a future expansion, as soon as I need two levels, i.e., when 25 pounds of meat capacity isn’t enough.)
(Dog is included in all because I know what you like, internet.)
After the last of the paint went on and had a chance to cure, I was ready to stencil on some personalization, first seen here.
Yes, it’s upside-down, since I had most recently painted the bottom of the drum. Yes, I double-checked. No, I didn’t mess it up. I think it turned out pretty well, despite the worst spray adhesive in the history of anything holding the stencil on:
Seriously, don’t buy it.
Next up: assembly!
Update: I realized I gave myself a sandal “tan”. Yes, that is black spray paint. Yes, it is in the shape of Birkenstock straps.